Cottonwood trailhead at the GBP off Thornton Ranch Road Lamy NM 87540
We are currently full. Thank you for your interest, please check back on more volunteering opportunities.
Wetland Arroyo Monitoring Workshop: Ecotone staff will teach and guide up to ten volunteers about measuring success indicators of wetland restoration work performed in the Wetland Arroyo at the Conservation Homestead. The workshop is on a first come-first served basis, and we will have a maximum of ten participants. We will practice (a) how to lay out eight transects and measure elevations with a laser level, (b) collect “Green Line” vegetation information to measure the expanse of wetland vegetation along the transect, (c) collect wetland area delineation information with a GPS, and (d) take photographs of the conditions at fixed photo points.
Email with name, contact number and sandwich choice (Turkey, Ham, Veggie or Vegan) to sign up.
The following is recommended:
- Wear long pants, long sleeves, and sturdy shoes or boots
- Wear sunglasses or safety glasses
- Dress appropriately for being outdoors based on the weather forecast
- Wear gloves (some will be provided or you are welcome to bring your own)
- Bring a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated (water will also be provided)
- Wear sun-screen, a brimmed hat, or other clothing to shield from the sun
Please note there are no bathroom facilities on site.