What can you do to save the beauty of our night skies?
- Read the Five Easy Steps to Bring Back the Stars
- Read the NM Night Sky Protection Act
- Schedule a Star Party – a telescope party in your own backyard with Astronomy Adventures and the Capital City Astronomy Club.
Links to learn more about the stars and how to protect them
- Wikisky – a detailed interactive Star Map
- Google Sky – includes a number of ways to explore the night sky
- International Dark Skies Association – the recognized authority for night sky protection
- National Park Service Night Sky Team
- Light Pollution Map – An Interactive world light pollution map
Light pollution articles
- Using Dark Sky Approved Lighting to Reduce Light Pollution
- Spivey A 2010. Light at Night and Breast Cancer Risk Worldwide. Environ Health Perspect 118:a525-a525. doi:10.1289/ehp.118-a525
- Chepesiuk R 2009. Missing the Dark- Health Effects of Light Pollution. Environ Health Perspect 117:A20-A27. doi:10.1289/ehp.117-a20
Sanders and Gaston 2018. How ecological communities respond to artificial light at night. Journal of Experimental Zoology doi.org/10.1002/jez.2157